Monday, July 13, 2009

Keep on Keeping On

As you may know I made a list of the workouts I was supposed to do. I can honestly say that I did most of them. Not all of them most of them. I at least did the important ones. I knocked out all the my runs and one extra one and all of my bikes. I biked twice even without being able to go on Saturday because of Jacob's birthday party.

I can say that I am really happy with my running. I am attempting the "Chi Running" technique by Danny Dreyer and it is paying off. I went out Friday evening on a run. I didn't have a planned time or distance. I just had an opportunity at the last minute so I took it. Man am I glad I did. I left out of Jackson Station at 5:15. Jenn wanted me to meet her and the boys at 6 so I knew about how much time I had. Once again, no plan just running. I wanted to really just work on my technique and to not go out too fast. I did both. I didn't have my HR monitor I just ran. All in all I ran 38 min and 3 and 3/4 miles. Not that I was a speed demon but I didn't even feel tired at the end and wasn't even close to being out of breath. Keep in mind that the car said 95 degrees when I go out of my car. I ran out in 19:05 and came home in 18:50 and that my friends is negative splits. Good stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment