Friday, June 19, 2009

So far so good

So on Thursday I had another good day both with the diet and the exercise. After work I ran on the treadmill. It felt like it was over 100 degrees in my garage. My plan was to do strictly LSD (long slow distance) That is what I started out doing. After 2o minutes of that I was already tired of it so I scratched it. See how I don't follow a plan. I wanted to do something more upbeat so I did some speed intervals. I started out with a speed that I would love to run at in a triathlon (8 min miles) I did a 1/4 mile interval with active recovery after. I then moved the speed up somewhat and did another 1/4 interval. (7:15/mile) My goal here was to move up the speed enoght to trick my body into thinking that the original speed was slow. This usually works and it did again today. Once again I did another interval at an even faster speed. (6:30/mile). I then did the last interval at the original speed and I actually had to slow myself down. Goal accomplished. Also, 50 pushups.

Like I said before I also had a good day with the eating. Breakfast I had a bagel and some oatmeal with blueberries. Mid-morning snack-apple. Lunch-powerbar and apple. Afternoon snack-almonds. Dinner-turkey tacos, black beans and brown rice. No dessert after dinner but almost. I thought about having to post it in this blog and passed. Maybe this is working. Down 4 pounds for the week.

I will be back in the pool on Friday and a brick on Saturday. I need to be good on the exercise as I have 3 Father's Day related get togethers all planned around one thing eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment